Full Time Driver - Mississauga
This job posting is no longer active
Olsen Europe's famous ladies' knit and sportswear leader, based in Hamburg, Germany is branded in North America as Olsen Europe. Distinguished by a bright red logo and known for its dramatic marketing use of 3 beautiful faces, Olsen Europe has a rich history of family and tradition.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Full Time Driver position is a permanent, full time position. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that merchandise, promotional items, etc. is prepared and delivered to Olsen Free Standing Stores, Bay Boutiques and other venues as required, in a timely and accurate manner. The incumbent will always ensure that brand Integrity is maintained and that the application of Olsen Europe Operating Philosophies is achieved:
- Maximize all Revenue growth opportunities and Profitability with Brand Integrity
- Ensure all interactions and communications are conducted with Respect and Integrity, both internally and externally
- Ensure all Operating Best Practices are Efficient and Cost Effective in an entrepreneurial spirit
A successful candidate for the Full Time Driver position will be detail oriented, highly organized and will represents the brand in a professional and respectful manner. She/he will have a strong sense of responsibility and is highly motivated to maintain a safe work environment while adhering to all safety rules and regulations governed by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Maintain safe use of the Olsen Europe vehicle while adhering to all safety rules and regulations of the road, ensuring that pedestrian safety is a priority.
- Sort daily shipments and manifest, for delivery to Free Standing Stores and Bay Boutique locations.
- Deliver merchandise to each store location in a timely and safe manner.
- Regular lifting and transporting of up to 40 lbs while ensuring that proper lifting techniques are being used at all times.
- Prepare and ensure all documentation is properly allocated to the appropriate store(s) and departments
- Maintain records in accordance with Olsen Europe delivery guidelines.
- Ensure a professional appearance and pleasant and courteous mannerisms are maintained at all times with all internal/external customers (ie. Shoppe Managers, “The Bay” personnel and fellow co-workers at Home Office).
- Assist Shoppe Managers or Associates when requested on issues that may not fall into the regular daily routine.
- Complete daily truck inspection report each morning in accordance with The Ministry of Transportation rules and regulations.
- Provide a driver’s abstract.
- Monitor and perform regular maintenance levels to ensure overall efficiency of the truck (ie. oil change, brakes, tires, lights)
- Adhere to rules and regulations including posted speed limits, no parking zones while ensuring the safe handling and operation of the Olsen Europe vehicle.
- Maintain vehicle appearance, ensuring interior and exterior of vehicle is cleaned on a regular basis.
- Additional hours and weekend work may be required periodically.
- Advise Management of any mechanical or operational problems with the Olsen Europe vehicle (regardless of severity).
- Advise Management of any issues or concerns regarding health & safety and/or daily tasks that may affect the efficiency of daily tasks.
- Assist with material handling or other assigned duties when time permits between deliveries.
- Adhere to all Health & Safety regulations as per the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Employee Handbook and Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, TRAITS) AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Current Class “G” License
- High School O.S.S.D. or equivalent
- Work experience driving or warehouse environment is beneficial
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written
- Team player, with an ability to work independently
- Sense of initiative and leadership
- Good judgment
OUR "MUST HAVES"
- Demonstrated capacity to work with significant independence and yet keep others well informed
- Demonstrated success in a multi-tasking, deadline-oriented, environment with the ability to prioritize tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Drive to excel and succeed
- Self-motivated, passionate and approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
Coupled with a “fun” environment, Olsen Europe offers a competitive salary and layered benefit package.