Full Time Office Coordinator - Mississauga
This job posting is no longer active
Olsen Europe is a leader in the women’s fashion industry with a rich history of authentic European design, offering contemporary European apparel and accessories since 1959. Based in Hamburg, Germany, the Company is branded in North America as Olsen Europe, and is synonymous with fashion that combines unique styling, innovative fabrication and enduring quality to create stylish wardrobe solutions for the modern woman. Olsen Europe is like a best friend; compassion for women and providing clothing that inspires confidence is at the heart of the Olsen Europe brand philosophy.
Available internationally and first introduced to Canada in 1983, Olsen Europe has a rich history in the Canadian fashion market and can be found in 65 retail stores across Canada, including 40 shops within the Bay.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Office Coordinator manages all facets of the Administrative functions at Home Office while always ensuring that Brand Integrity is maintained and the application of Olsen Europe Operating Philosophies are achieved:
- Maximize all Revenue growth opportunities and Profitability with Brand Integrity
- Ensure all interactions and communications are conducted with Respect and Integrity, both internally and externally
- Ensure all Operating Best Practices are Efficient and Cost Effective in an entrepreneurial spirit
As the Office Coordinator, you will be a highly organized individual with the ability to multi-task with no, or minimal supervision. You will have a strong sense of responsibility and are highly motivated to acquire new skills, manage diverse and complex administrative communications and organization tasks with speed, accuracy, discretion and clarity, while maintain a focus on Olsen’s operating philosophies at all times.
Providing support to the Executive Team, the position mandate is to ensure the implementation, efficiency and effectiveness of the office administration through functions and processes.
- Liaise with German office to coordinate agenda to assist with managing & assisting with the travel plans for Executive & Management teams
- Develop, implement and manage several expense lines of the company budget including: Travel (company-wide, office supplies, stationary & printing, kitchen & bathroom supplies, events and office cleaning)
- Manage purchase orders, business cards and invoice approvals
- Prepare and / or edit internal communication with stores & Home Office
- Develop a structured training and orientation program for all new employees, in partnership with Human Resources including pass card registration, alarm code set up and key assignment (if applicable to position).
- Coordinating and ordering Home Office/warehouse supplies and managing such inventory, including coffee and related kitchen/bathroom supplies.
- Vendor sourcing and negotiations of products or services
- Planning, organizing and coordinating functions and special events for Home Office, in partnership with Human Resources.
- Opening, sorting, and distributing all incoming and outgoing mail and other correspondence, and responding to routine inquiries.
- Liaise with landlord on any issues related to the building issues (fire safety inspections, health & safety questions, pass card registration etc…)
- This position will be situated at the reception area and will be the face of Olsen Europe
- Manage conference call set ups and communicate accordingly with internal and external parties
- Back up for Retail Operations department and support as required
- Develop and implement company newsletter
- Complete special projects as required
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, TRAITS) AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education in related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a fashion retail environment is an asset.
- Team oriented leadership style and ability to manage / work with diverse groups of people.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook)
- Strong customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Team player, with an ability to work independently
- A professional demeanor
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
OUR "MUST HAVES"
- Demonstrated capacity to work with significant independence and yet keep others well informed.
- Demonstrated success in a multi-tasking, deadline-oriented, environment with ability to prioritize decisions accurately.
- Good organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
Coupled with a “fun” environment, Olsen Europe offers a competitive salary, benefit package & Product Promotion package.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online no later than Thursday, April 11th, 2013